St Paul's Cathedral Opening Hours | Best Time to Visit
St Paul's Cathedral Opening Hours
- What are St Paul's Cathedral opening hours
St Paul's Cathedral is open from:
Monday to Saturday - 12 PM - 4:30 PM. The last entry is at 4 PM
- How long should I spend at St Paul's Cathedral?
It is recommended to spend at least two hours at St Paul's Cathedral to make the most out of your visit.
- What is the best time to visit St Paul's Cathedral?
The best time to visit St Paul's Cathedral is before noon, preferably on a weekday. This way you can skip the latter crowd and can enjoy a peaceful time during your visit.
Best Time to Visit St Paul's Cathedral
St Paul’s Cathedral is open throughout the year; however, sightseeing is limited during key religious holidays, namely, Easter and Christmas. Tourists are permitted to visit the cathedral from Monday to Saturday. On Sundays, the cathedral is only open for service.
From Monday to Saturday, guests can visit St Paul's Cathedral from 12 PM to 4:30 PM. It is preferable to get here early, especially after the first prayer to beat the crowds, and to give you maximum time to explore before crowds arrive later in the day. Keep in mind that St. Paul's Cathedral tends to get really crowded between 2 PM on Fridays and Saturdays.
St Paul's Cathedral Rules
- Security - It is mandatory for visitors to undergo compulsory bag checking in order to enter the cathedral
- No Large Bags - Your bag cannot exceed the dimensions of 45cm x 30cm x 25cm. This includes handles, wheels and pockets. Handbags and day packs are allowed inside St Paul’s Cathedral.
- Prohibited Items - Knives, pepper spray, mace, CS spray or any offensive weapons are not permitted in the UK
- Photography - Apart from the exempted areas, photography is strictly prohibited inside St Paul’s Cathedral.
More Reads on St Paul's Cathedral
Around St Paul's Cathedral
If you're looking for more things to do near St Paul's Cathedral, here are our top picks! From activities to entertain kids to experiences that take you down the history lane, there's plenty to do in the city when visiting St Paul's Cathedral.