Getting To The London Eye - Map & Directions
The London Eye welcomes more than 3.5 million people each year, making it one of the hottest tourist attractions in the UK. The 443 ft landmark was the tallest Ferris wheel in the world when opened in 2000 until it was superseded by the 804 ft Shard, launched in 2013. Though the record was broken, the iconic observation wheel still continues to be the most popular paid tourist attraction in the country. Find out everything you need to know about the London Eye address, routes and directions before visiting the destination.
London Eye Address & Directions
Where is London Eye Located?
- London Eye Address: Riverside Building, County Hall, London SE1 7PB, United Kingdom. Find on Map
How to reach the London Eye?
- The London Eye directions are quite easy to navigate. Waterloo is the closest station to the landmark. Exit the station following signs for the South Bank. You will reach the London Eye in 5 minutes. Apart from the tube station, visitors can also reach the London Eye via bus, rail, boat and car.
Now that you're familiar with the London Eye address, find out the different ways in which you can reach the popular attraction.
London Eye by Bus
Bus Numbers: 211, 77, and 381 takes you to the London Eye. The iconic attraction is also included in on most London sightseeing bus tours and on the RV1 route that connects the London Eye to other popular places. These include the Tate Modern, Covent Garden and lots more.
London Eye by Tube
The nearest station near the London Eye is the Waterloo station. It takes about 5 minutes to reach the attraction. Apart from Waterloo, visitors can also opt for Embankment, Charing Cross or Westminster underground station to reach the London Eye.
London Eye by Rail
Waterloo and Charing Cross are the closest rail stations near the London Eye. It takes approximately 5 minutes from Waterloo and 15 from Charing Cross station.
London Eye by Boat
Visitors can choose from several stops at the London Pier to reach the London Eye. These include, Bankside, Embankment, Blackfriars, London Bridge, Tower, Canary Wharf, Hilton Docklands, Masthouse Terrace, Greenwich and lots more.
London Eye by Car
If you're arriving by car, ensure to book your parking slot online before visiting the London Eye. Please note that the London Eye is located within the Congestion Charge Zone.
Tips to Enjoy the London Eye Experience
- Book fast track tickets to gain entry from a dedicated entrance and skip a majority of the queue. This ticket also gives you access to the Champagne bar and 4D Cinema Experience.
- Photograph the sights from the London Eye at least 1 foot away from the glass walls to avoid glare from the curved surface.
- Contact the London Eye office to know how you can park your car at a discounted rate at the Q-Park Westminster.
- Use the touchscreen tablets to know more about the London landmarks that are visible from the London Eye.
- Opt for the underground tube station, if you're looking for the cheapest and the quickest way to reach the London Eye.
Discover the London Eye history before visiting the iconic landmark.
London Eye Address - FAQs
A. The London Eye address is as follows:
Riverside Building, County Hall, London SE1 7PB, United Kingdom
A. Visitors have the option to reach the London Eye via tube, rail, bus, boat and car.
A. Waterloo is the nearest tube station to the London Eye. It takes about 5-minutes to reach the destination from the station.
A. London Waterloo Rail Station is the nearest train station to the London Eye
A. No, the London Eye does not provide any parking facilities. However, you can contact the London Eye office to know how you can park your car at a discounted rate at the Q-Park Westminster.
A. You can select from several stops at the London Pier to reach the London Eye. Bankside, Embankment, Blackfriars, London Bridge, Tower, Canary Wharf, Hilton Docklands and Masthouse Terrace are a few to be named.
A. Visitors can opt for either the tube or bus as the cheapest option to reach the London Eye. Arriving by boat is also an option, if you wish to enjoy sightseeing on your way to the attraction